OCTOBER 2017

Colan Parish Council Meeting

Wednesday 25th October 2017

 

Those present: Derek Luscombe, Kathy Waters, Maurice O’Gara, Pat Lambshead,  Clerk – Di Willett

Derek Luscombe was in the chair.

Andy Ormshaw arrived late due to work commitments.

 

  1. Police Report:

None this month – Clerk to chase for next month.

 

  1. Public Speaking:

None

 

  1. Cornwall Councillors Report:

None this month as John is on holiday

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:

None.

 

  1. Apologies:

Steve Lean and Jane Coombs

 

  1. Minutes of previous meeting

The previous minutes were signed as a true record of events by Derek, following approval by all Councillors.

 

  1. Matters Arising:

 

  1. Planning Applications:

PA17/09757 – Property Extension, Mountjoy Farm – Following discussions the Parish Council voted to object to this application on the grounds that it is an overambitious extension and is out of character with the surrounding properties.

 

  1. Defibrillator:

No further news this month

 

  1. Accounts

Abbey Maintenance – Re- securing play tubes - £165.00 – Approved by all

Abbey Maintenance – Maintenance of benches on Recreation Field - £300.00 – Approved by all.

 

  1. Recreation Field/Hedge cutting/ Grass Cutting.

Grass cutting continues as agreed.  The entrance should be started any time now – Clerk to chase funding from Grantscape.

The red litter bin needs to be re-secured – Derek agreed to get this done.

 

  1. Noticeboards

Nothing this month

 

  1. Allotments

Nothing this month

 

  1. Action Group for Community Funds:

It was suggested that we set up sub Committee to apply for funding from the wind farm money.  The Chairman requested that each Councillor think of an idea as to how we can help the Parishioners by using some of this funding ready for the next meeting – carried forward to our next meeting due to the low attendance tonight.  Suggestion so far is to improve the recreation area on Vyvyan Drive to make it more user friendly for the local residents.

 

  1. Play Park, Vyvan Drive

Now resolved as per comments in item 14 above.

 

  1. Website:

No further news,

 

  1. Letters/Notices

  1. NHP Crantock – The Parish Council has no objections to the plan submitted for their consideration.

  2. Cornwall Legal offering legal services at £95.00 per hour – Clerk to keep on record for the future.

  3. Natural England – looking for partnerships – Clerk to supply Carole’s email address.

  4. Fly tipping – The Council will investigate the problem and respond accordingly.

 

  1. Any Other Business:

The Parish Council noted that the grass around the village is currently looking very good.

Maurice has received the wreath for Remembrance Sunday on behalf of the Parish Council and will take it to the War Memorial – thank you to him for doing this.

 

Next Meeting:

Next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 29th November. 

 

Di Willett 11/11/17

NOVEMBER 2017

Colan Parish Council Meeting

Wednesday 29th November 2017

 

Those present: Derek Luscombe,  Pat Lambshead,  Andy Ormshaw, Louis Gardner , Brian Killingback,

Clerk – Di Willett

Derek Luscombe was in the chair.

 

  1. Police Report:

The police report is attached to these minutes, which includes an update on the vehicle speed operation which took place on 17/11/17.

 

  1. Public Speaking:

None

 

  1. Cornwall Councillors Report:

John has received an update from Transport and Infrastructure as follows:

Trial holes will be carried out on East Road to ascertain the position of the water mains in order to decide what further work can be carried out in January on the crossing refuge.

Rialton – the results of the second public consultation on will be issued shortly and the Duchy are putting together a timetable for completion of the outstanding work on the Rialton link so that this can be formally adopted.

NSR – The signing strategy is linked to securing the funding for Phases 2 and 3 of the NSR – this package is due to go to Cabinet in May 2018 – if approved then construction could start late 2018.

 

There is a public hearing to appeal for the second phase at the “Village” development.The Parish Council objected to this, but John is concerned that if it is now rejected again there will be piecemeal developments on the site.No construction vehicles will be allowed to access the site via the “Village” development.Kier have been given notice to clear the site as it is currently in an appalling state.If it is approved there will be £128,843.00 Community Open space money available to the Parish.The bus pull in will have to be constructed before the estate is opened.John is going to support this application, as there is a desperate need for rented accommodation for locals.The Parish Council objected on the grounds of lack of infrastructure and John will mention this at the meeting.The original plans have been changed as there were no takers for the care home and the retail element is not needed so this has been changed as well.

 

The primary school at Nansledan will not open until September 2019 - Cornwall Council has said that until then children will be bussed to Cubert and Bishops Schools

 

Kestle Mill has now been tidied up and the road repaired.


The appeal from Willow Way has now been withdrawn.

 

Alistair Martin has replaced Tim Grey as the Duchy representative.John will supply details so that we can invite him to attend one of our meetings.

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:

Brian will leave the room when we discuss the planning application ref PA17/10782.

 

  1. Apologies:

Kath Waters, Maurice O’Gara

 

  1. Minutes of previous meeting

The previous minutes were signed as a true record of events by Derek, following approval by all Councillors.

 

  1. Matters Arising:

 

  1. Planning Applications:

PA17/0034/NDP – Crantock Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan – This has been aligned with the Newquay Plan and will not have any effect on our Parish.

 

PA17/1132 -  McDonalds  - new concrete base for storage container – Supported by all.

 

PA17/09757 – Mountjoy Farm – Resubmitted a smaller development – Objected by majority for the same reason - 2 abstentions.

 

PA17/10781 -  The Willows, Kestle Mill – 2 storey side extension – supported by all.

 

PA17/10096 –Aerohub – installation of 3 concrete water tanks - supported by all

 

PA17/10169 – Kings College – installation of backup generator housing – Pat felt that it is quite close to the residential area, but all supported this application providing all suitable safety checks and noise level checks are concluded satisfactorily.

 

Brian declared an interest in the next application and left the room while it was discussed.

PA17/10782 – Removal of hedgerow to provide temporary access to new development via A392 – The Parish Council supported the temporary access, but requested that further applications are made before permanent access is approved.  We would be interested to know of the further plans for this site as there have been a lot of concerns in the past, especially regarding access to the new estate.

 

Brian now rejoined the meeting.

 

  1. Defibrillator:

No further news this month – Clerk to chase for the next meeting.

 

  1. Accounts

Cornwall Council Election costs - £234.62  – Approved by all

Quintrell Downs Village Hall  Rent  - 4 @ £9.00, total £36.00 – Approved by all.

Newquay Mowing Service – Grass cutting and strimming – 4 cuts £120.00 – Approved by all.

Grant Thornton – audit costs - £100.00 + VAT – Approved by all.

Biffa – Emptying of 3 litter bins for 6 months - £277.68 + VAT – Approved by all.

Cormac – Recreation filed grounds maintenance - £431.58 +VAT – Approved by all.

 

  1. Precept and Clerks Salary Review:

It was agreed that we would keep our Precept payment the same as last year.  The Clerk left the room while her salary review was discussed – she was then informed   that she has been awarded a 5% increase taking her annual salary to £2520.00 pa.

 

  1. Recreation Field/Hedge cutting/ Grass Cutting

Grass cutting continues as agreed.  The entrance should be started any time now – Clerk to chase funding from Grantscape.   Contract has been received from Grantscape.

 

  1. Noticeboards

Nothing this month – to be taken off the agenda.

 

  1. Allotments

The chairman stated that the allotments have had a successful first year and congratulated the Committee on running them well.

 

  1. Action Group for Community Funds:

Subcommittee is still required to put together our applications for grants from Grantscape – this process is very cumbersome, making it difficult to access the money from the grant.

 

Derek is contacting contractors about repairs to the car park at the recreation field – including removing the hedgerows and tarmaccing the surface.  Three quotes are required.  Derek is also meeting Pete Butterley from the football club to see if they will contribute to the cost.

 

Another project could be the replacement of the seats that we have removed for safety reasons – there is a company which makes plastic seating from recycled materials.

 

Louis mentioned the new play park in “the Village” – who is liable for maintenance?  Clerk to write to Kier to find out the situation with this area.

 

  1. Website:

No further news.

 

  1. Letters/Notices

  1. Notification of new external auditors wef from 2018.

  2. CALC – notification of Employer Training

  3. CALC – Minutes and agenda training

  4. Invitation to attend the localism Summit

  5. Communication for Cornwall Council re street cleaning contract renewal

  6. Chris Hayne – email re Recreation Field car park and bus shelters.  Clerk to respond stating that the car park is currently underway and we are requesting quotes for this work. Cornwall Council is currently looking into renting the bus shelters out for advertising which will include a maintenance contract.   To be added to the agenda for the next meeting.

  7. Cornwall Council well being guides – all councillors will help those less fortunate than themselves if at all possible.

 

  1. Any Other Business:

Pat – suggested that the next meeting be cancelled as it falls in Christmas week.  All agreed that the next meeting will be at the end of January.  If there are any Planning Applications they will be dealt with by the sub committee.

 

Brian – The footpath by Morrisons roundabout from the Persimmon development o the Kings Head has still not been completed.  John has chased this many times and has been assured that it will be done, but no date has been supplied.

 

Next Meeting:

Next meeting will be held on Wednesday, 31st January  2018. 

 

Di Willett 05/12/17

© CPC by Curgenven. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Twitter Classic
  • c-facebook